Mission & Objectives
The Hellenic American Women’s Council (HAWC) is a 501(c)(3) nonpartisan, nationwide network whose mission is to identify and harness the tremendous talents of Hellenic American Women. HAWC encourages awareness of public policy issues and promotes women who wish to play leadership roles in their communities, the nation and their professional fields of endeavor.
HAWC sponsors regional conferences, lectures, debates and seminars by prominent scholars, government officials, and experts on various issues of interest to its membership.
- To establish an organization of Hellenic American women for the purpose of creating a unified presence in American society.
- To educate and inform Hellenic American women on public policy issues as well as other relevant issues.
- To provide our members with a forum for discussion and examination of issues that impact their lives.
- To interact with similar women’s organizations in the United States, Greece and around the world.
- To promote and support Hellenic American women within their professional fields of endeavor.